Teacher Ms. Rebekah Frost shown below with current youngest student Sylas Oakley.
Dan's student Emily Batzloff plays Schubert's "Moment Musical".
Brother and sister Hugh and Eleanor Ford, ages 8 and 3, playing in video shown below. Adorable!
Dan's student Martin Dams, shown below. Great job!
YES. WE ARE CONTINUING TO OFFER SKYPE, FACETIME, AND FACEBOOK VIDEO CHAT IN LIEU OF LIVE LESSONS DURING THE MICHIGAN SHELTER-IN-PLACE ORDER. PLEASE STAY WELL.
- Skype, FaceTime, and Facebook Video Chat Lessons are being offered at this time.
- Piano Lessons, age 6-80, Kalamazoo MI. In-home options will be offered again following expiration of shelter-in-place order.
- Piano Tuning and Repair will be offered again following the expiration of shelter-in-place-order
- Violin Lessons, Kalamazoo MI and Portage, MI. (NEW!)
- Guitar Lessons, Kalamazoo, MI and Portage, MI.
- Voice Lessons, Kalamazoo, MI and Portage, MI.
Our goal and mission is to help as many students as possible experience the joy of music while reaching their specific goals and potential.
In short, we knock down barriers!
Why lessons at Dan Forbes Music?
- Optional Fun Recitals with games offered twice per year.
- Get your piano sounding good first with piano tuning and repair services.
- No ruler bangers here! We believe learning music enhances life, and should be a joyful experience.
- Great supplemental technology for tablets with lessons.
- Discounts for multiple students.
- Travel lessons available in certain areas on certain days.
- Fun Summer Ensemble jam sessions and social music opportunities.
- Unlimited makeups (ask for more details).
- Songwriting classes available.
- Progress reports available.
- Annual Festival personal growth opportunities at WMU.
- Learn classical, pop, folk, gospel, boogie woogie, jazz or video game music.
- Learn a broad array of musical skills thus making music more enjoyable- sight reading, pitch identification, music history, theory, performance, improvisation.
- Ages 4-79.
- Openings M-F.
- High marks for reputation.
Yes, music lessons improves grades and test scores! For adults, music keeps us young, keeps our minds sharper as we age.