Teacher Ms. Rebekah Frost shown below with current youngest student Sylas Oakley.
Dan's student Emily Batzloff plays Schubert's "Moment Musical".
Brother and sister Hugh and Eleanor Ford, ages 8 and 3, playing in video shown below. Adorable!
Dan's student Martin Dams, shown below. Great job!
Call 269 303-7997 for more details.
Celebrating over 7 years serving the greater Kalamazoo/Portage area! Next recital: Saturday, May 18, 2019, 5:30 P.M.
- Piano Lessons, ages 4-80, Kalamazoo, MI, Portage, MI, Vicksburg, MI. In-home options available.
- Piano Lessons, age 4-80, Battle Creek MI. In-home options available.
- Piano Tuning and Repair, Kalamazoo, MI, and Portage, MI, Vicksburg MI. Battle Creek, MI and surrounding area
- Guitar Lessons, Kalamazoo, MI and Portage, MI.
- Vocal Lessons, Kalamazoo, MI and Portage MI.
- Summer Ensembles, Kalamazoo MI and Portage,MI.
- Video Lessons. Now offering some hybrid lesson packages that combine the best of both worlds - a live instructor with the advantages of videos that can be watched repeatedly.
Our goal and mission is to help as many students as possible experience the joy of music while reaching their specific goals and potential.
In short, we knock down barriers!
- We believe learning music enhances life, and should be a joyful experience. No ruler bangers here.
- We believe in serving our community and community involvement, and are involved with planning a benefit concert for Michigan Parkinson's Foundation.
- We believe the whole family can be involved in learning music, and offer a family discount.
- We believe in making music lessons more ACCESSIBLE, removing transportation and scheduling barriers that might make lessons more difficult. There is no waiting list. Instead, we maintain a staff of highly qualified teachers, making scheduling easier, and offer travel lessons for a small additional fee. We have started to offer video supplements with online quizzes to some programs, offering additional flexibility.
- We believe that goals are a necessary and important part of learning, and offer recitals twice a year, and several other optional opportunities for students to perform through Student Achievement Day @ WMU, Ensemble Festival thru Albion College, and National Guild of Music Teachers. In addition to recital opportunities available for EVERY student, each and EVERY student is provided a progress binder, so that we can create dated milestone goals together and track progress as well as practice habits, and can make specific recommendations through periodic evaluations. Because its no fun to struggle endlessly, that's why you came to us in the first place, for a quality structured program taught by a real instructor.
- We believe that nothing unites people like music. Sometimes you will meet people you never would have never otherwise met at a concert or musical event. We serve a diverse group of people! We have served clients of all economic and racial backgrounds,differing learning styles and abilities, busy adults, children as young as 3 and adults as old as 79, even the visually impaired.
- Since an earlier start in life will likely result in the student having more time to reach to their musical potential, we actively maintain a preschool program and have started students as young as 3!
- Since one's musical journey often leads from one instrument to another, we offer lessons on multiple instruments.
- Since having a good working instrument matters, we also TUNE pianos and make recommendations of instruments.
- Since true knowledge / appreciation of music requires a variety of skills, our programs cover more than just reading notes off a page,
covering listening to identify pitch and rhythm, theory, music history, performance, improvisation. Music is like a language, it would be silly to learn to read without learning to write, for example. I find that having a rich, broad array of musical skills makes music enjoyable, fun and presents the most opportunities.
Yes, music lessons improves grades and test scores! For adults, music keeps us young, keeps our minds sharper as we age.